Positions Available Now
Examples of Winter 2013 HUB Internship Positions
HUB SF Hosting Internship Position
Event Marketing Intern Position
Social Media Intern Position
HUB Cities Intern Position
HUB Ventures Program Operations Intern
The General Communications Intern Position
HUB Oakland Intern Position
Membership Analyst and Sales Intern
Programming & Community Building Intern
Collaborative Space Design Intern
[HUB Berkeley Hosting Internship Position]
The Hub is looking for an outgoing, open-minded, and purpose-driven individual to interface with members, monitor our co-working space, help with basic operational tasks, and manage and improve our customer service platforms. Hosts also participate in specific projects related to events, marketing, and business strategy. This position is an excellent opportunity to build professional skills in project management, leadership and communication, and marketing.
The ideal candidate:
- Current students and recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Will have strong interests in the nascent social sector, start-up culture.
- Will have exemplary social skills and feel comfortable and confident interfacing with new people on a regular basis.
- Should have experience working in a team and thinking creatively about business processes.
- Is familiar with Google apps and comfortable learning new web-tools.
[HUB SF Hosting Internship Position]Qualifications
· Passion for social enterprise, social innovation, and/or new models for creating social change or environmental sustainability.
· Computer-literate, organized, and detail/goal-oriented individual who can work independently
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Warm, outgoing, and accommodating personality
· Motivation and commitment to work effectively as part of a dynamic team.
· Fluency in English required.
You will act as a Hub Spokesperson during Hub events and in the day-to-day life of the Hub. Duties include giving guided tours, ranging from individuals interested in the co-working space to large tour groups of students and CEOs, as well as responding to membership inquiries via email, phone, and one-on-one meetings. You will regularly post stories on the HUB Blog about members’ projects and their impact in the Bay Area/world. Administrative duties include enrolling new members and maintaining current memberships using online systems, using Hub customer relations systems, including Google Docs, Salesforce, Hub Space Database, Mailing Lists, Assist.ly, and National Field. Every day you will connect members to the proper resources (human and/or physical) they need to maximize their experience at the HUB.
Other tasks: (1) Maintain a clean and inviting Hub space (kitchen, conference rooms and open co-working space are orderly); manage conference room reservations, ensuring the smooth flow and appropriate usage of space. (2) Create a knowledge base and customer service system. (3) Learn project management system and how to manage operations projects.
The Hub is looking for an organized, adaptable, and resourceful candidate with a strong desire to learn the inner-workings of the co-working management and/or a strong desire to enter into the nascent social sector and contribute to its development.
Successful candidates will be/have:
· Engaging and articulate verbal communication.
· The ability to learn quickly
· Excellent time management skills
· Passion and drive for creating new, efficient systems (of communication + process)
[Events Marketing Intern Position]
The Hub is looking for hardworking interns to assist in event program design, communication and marketing in the San Francisco Bay Area.
| Client Interfacing and Support
- Provide excellent and timely online, in-person and telephone customer service
- Manage relationships with current event program partners, HUB members and the general public
| Event Execution, Coordination
- Collaborate with evening event hosts to manage logistics details, such as event supplies and equipment
- Communicate event design and layout to event hosts
- Confirm vendors and supplies
- Collaborate with event hosts on setup & clean-up
- Coordinate facilities support (janitorial services, security guards, etc)
- Administrative tasks as needed for events
- Invoice Processing and Tracking Support (Accounts Receivables, etc)
| Marketing and business development
- Communicate event programs and goals with staff, partners and general public
- Identify potential event program partners
- Collaborate with Program staff to create effective, engaging and transformative programs
- Collaborate with evening event hosts on short introduction presentations for guests and visitors
Successful candidates will be/have:
- English-language proficient with effective in-person, phone, and electronic communication skills
- Creative problem solver with strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Independent and collaborative: can work unsupervised and part of a team
- Comfortable with online logistical tools and resources
- Familiar with Google Apps
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment with five to ten unique events per week
- Strong interest in Social Enterprise and other change sectors
MUST BE English-language proficient. Experience with project management, marketing and communications preferred, but not necessary. Experience with WordPress and MailChimp also a plus.
[Social Media Intern Position]
Hub Bay Area / SOCAP is looking for energetic, entrepreneurial students for our social media internship program. This program will integrate students into the heart of our network; students will take on the responsibility of creating, aggregating, and effectively distributing content through our Hub, SOCAP, and extended entrepreneurial communities. Responsibilities include creating Hub/SOCAP content for various social media platforms; Aggregating content from staff members and other content curators; Distributing content across various social media platforms, and tapping into larger networks; Evolving overall Hub/SOCAP content and distribution strategies; Meeting with Hub and SOCAP supervisors on weekly basis; Participate in larger Mission Hub LLC Media strategy discussions.
Successful candidates will be/have:
- Strong skills with basic social media platforms (EX: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube)
- Ability to engage and pick up newer social media tools and resources
- Experience with utilizing marketing or project management platforms
- Dedication and commitment
- Ability to take initiative and work in a start up environment
- Exceptional curiosity and ability to find relevant information in social good, entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility, global poverty, sustainability, or similar topics.
[HUB Cities Intern Position]
HUB Cities is looking for energetic, entrepreneurial people for our HUB Cities internship. This program will integrate the person into the heart of our North American HUB network and will take on the responsibility of deep research in strategy, finance, and operations. Responsibilities include assisting due diligence tasks; aggregating content for the HUB Cities team; Documenting and assisting in HUB Cities operations; Participating in strategic meetings and discussions.
[HUB Ventures Program Operations Intern]
Hub Ventures, a leading business accelerator for impact startups, is seeking an energetic and resourceful person to serve as Operations Intern during Winter 2013. This person will be passionate about entrepreneurship, impact investing, and the power of business and technology to solve real global challenges. He or she will be a self-starter and will thrive in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment. Most important, he or she will have a can-do, entrepreneurial attitude and will play an important supporting role in the success of Hub Ventures and our startups. The role will begin immediately and conclude in early January 2013, with potential for extension. This is a part-time role with compensation through work trade at Hub Bay Area. Responsibilities will include (but not necessarily be limited to) the following:
· Program operations support and event production
· Generating awareness and startup recruitment for our Spring 2013 cohort
· Social media and website maintenance
· CRM support
· Research projects
· Communications including HUB Ventures newsletter
· Experience and/or strong interest in entrepreneurship and impact investing
· Confident self-starter, capable of taking projects to fruition with limited oversight
· Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail; strong writing skills
· Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point. Web design/development experience a big plus.
[The General Communications Intern Position]
The General Communications Intern will support a wide-variety of communications - website management, web copy, newsletters, social media, partner & community outreach, etc across our organization’s platform in support of reaching social and financial goals. The candidate will learn from and help implement communication strategies that have helped make our organization internationally known.
- Liason with content, online media, logistics and business development team to coordinate communication
- Support communication schedule for web & distribution channels
- Support communication on website via event pages, widgets and sliders
- Support communication via community newsletter
- Support management of various applications (press, scholarships, volunteer, announcements, blogs, etc)
- Support sponsorship representation in communication
- Coordinate to feature social entrepreneur and panelist profiles
- Support Pathable community integration and facilitation
Successful candidates will have
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to conduct oneself with professionalism and deliver effective written/oral communication
- Awareness of web communication trends with strong copywriting and editing skills
- Great attention to detail and timeliness
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience with Salesforce, WordPress, Mailchimp, SurveyGizmo, Eventbrite a plus
- Ability to laugh, have fun and contribute to a happy working environment
- Personal interest in the broader field of social entrepreneurship
Commitment & Hours: Interns are expected to commit to a regular schedule of at least 15 hours per week. They are also expected to attend orientations, trainings, and other educational aspects of the Hubs’ internship program.
Compensation: This is an unpaid work-trade position. Interns are entitled to use the Hub as full-time members for one month beyond the duration of the internship. During this time, they are also entitled to attend all regular Hub programming free of charge.
[HUB Oakland Intern Position]
Hub Oakland is looking for a driven, self motivated, entrepreneurial minded to join the Hub Oakland team.
Responsibilites include: working with the founders in various capacities: research, database input, organizing and implementing surveys, social media, working on crowd sourcing campaign, community engagement. Perks for this position are attending events, meeting amazing people and learning first hand about social entrepreneurship in Oakland.
[Membership Analyst and Sales Intern]
HUB Berkeley is looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial self-starter to work closely with the director of HUB Berkeley to research and grow the HUB's membership base in the East Bay. The position's duties include quantitative and qualitative research on existing HUB Berkeley members, marketing and outreach to develop the presence of the HUB Berkeley, and work refining, developing, and administering the HUB Berkeley membership pipeline. This is a training position, and no prior experience is required. The intern will receive training in research and marketing and sales strategy. They will also develop basic understandings of enterprise web-tools, including MailChimp and Salesforce. This position reports directly the Head Host/Director of HUB Berkeley.
[Programming & Community Building Intern]
HUB Berkeley is looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial self-starter to support and build HUB Berkeley's programming offerings. The position's duties include direct outreach to individuals and organizations in order to grow HUB Workbench's (the HUB's entrepreneurship educatrion platform) presence in the East Bay, creative curation of day-time programming and community building events including cock-tail hours, pitch events, town-halls, and convening conversations on social/environmental change topics. This is a training position, and no prior experience is required. The intern will receive training in research, marketing and outreach strategy. They will also develop basic understandings of enterprise web-tools, including MailChimp and Salesforce. This position will hold significant opportunities in learning how to curate and build place-based, impact-focused, communities. This position reports directly the Head Host/Director of HUB Berkeley.
[Collaborative Space Design Intern]
The Collaborative Space Design Intern will work with our Operations Officer to help assess the flow of the physical Hub environment and redesign as needed in order to enhance member experience. The ideal candidate will focus on maximizing creativity, productivity and connectivity for and among members.
You will use your resourcefulness to create a space that's easy to navigate and designed to accelerate serendipity. You will use your creativity and design sense to brainstorm and implement interesting ways to spotlight members and their projects, as well as Hub Happenings. You will invent opportunities for community members to convene. Additional responsibilities include defining ideal signage needed, inventory and resource management, working with the Chronicle building on space improvements, as well as building community partnerships to connect our members to resources available to them.
- Fascination with human behavior and design (crafters - we are a start-up, we’re still a bit scrappy, we appreciate those with a DIY ethos)!
- Self-starters – individuals comfortable with project management, the ability to execute all stages of a project
- No nonsense approach, practical and hard working
- Exceptional written and communication skills; organized, with attention to detail
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps (candidates with graphic design skills a big plus!)